The City Bar's Event Calendar has been upgraded and redesigned. This calendar is no longer in operation.
To visit the new Event Calendar, please click here.
|SMALL LAW FIRM PRACTICE DEVELOPMENT AND TIME MANAGEMENT BREAKFAST|
Tapping the Power of Practice Focus: How to Create or Refine Your Niche(s) to Attract and Close More A-Quality Clients
Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:30 am-12:00 pm
Registration for this event is now closed.
Attendance fee includes breakfast
Clients increasingly expect their attorneys to have specialized knowledge of, and experience with, the specific problem or opportunity for which they’re seeking legal help. This hands-on program will lead you through a proven process to identify where and how to capitalize on your experience and interests in order to more effectively reach A-level prospects.
- The myths and misconceptions about “niching”
- How to research possible niches
- How to differentiate yourself in the marketplace with a strong value proposition
- How to improve both your gross revenues and your profit margins by narrowing your focus
- How to make the transition from your current practice profile.
Who Should Attend
- General practice attorneys who are seeking to transition into fewer, better defined areas
- Attorneys who are already semi-focused into a few practice areas or industries but who want to go deeper
- In-house counsel or attorneys in existing firms thinking of starting their own practice
- Younger lawyers looking to jumpstart their business development strategy
MODERATOR: Alla Roytberg, Director of the Small Law Firm Center
•Bill Jawitz is the founder of SuccessTrackESQ, a coaching and consulting firm which works exclusively with attorneys and law firms to help them improve their client development and productivity outcomes.
• Joshua C. Nathan is the former Vice President for Business Affairs, General Counsel, and Secretary of WNET. He recently opened his own firm, using the process outlined in the program.
Event Location: 42 West 44th St. (bet. 5th & 6th Aves.)