The City Bar's Event Calendar has been upgraded and redesigned. This calendar is no longer in operation.
To visit the new Event Calendar, please click here.
|SMALL LAW FIRM PRACTICE DEVELOPMENT AND TIME MANAGEMENT BREAKFAST|
Work-Life Balance Tune-Up for Lawyers
Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:30 am-12:00 pm
Event has expired. Registration for this event is no longer available.
Attendance fee includes breakfast
Work-Life Balance Tune-Up for Lawyers: How to achieve the professional success to which you aspire without making unhealthy personal compromises.
Whether you’re a seasoned partner or a new law firm owner, this program will provide you with concrete strategies to tackle the balancing act inherent in the high-stress field of law. You’ll come away with both inspiring insights AND practical tools to help you successfully synthesize your professional achievement and your personal fulfillment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Dispelling the Myths of “Work-Life” Balance: What’s Achievable and What’s Not
- Clear Priorities: How to Assess What You Really Want and Need From Your Practice, and How That Impacts Your Life
- Healthy Standards and Strong Boundaries: When and How to Say Yes and When and How to Say No
- Stress Reduction for Lawyers: Specific Techniques to Optimize your Focus and Energy While Reducing Psychological, Emotional, and Physical Tension
- Designing and Implementing Your Plan: How to Set Specific Actions and Timelines to Get From Where You Are Now to Where You Want to Be
MODERATOR: Alla Roytberg, Director of the Small Law Firm Center
•Bill Jawitz is the founder of SuccessTrackESQ, a coaching and consulting firm which works exclusively with attorneys and law firms to help them improve their client development and productivity outcomes.
•Dr. Pamela Enders, Ph.D. teaches lawyers and individuals in other high-pressure professions how to develop sustainable peak performance. Dr. Enders is on the faculty of Harvard Medical School and has taught at the Beasley School of Law at Temple University. Her articles on life balance have appeared frequently in the Lawyering and Living column of The New Jersey Lawyer newspaper.
Event Location: 42 West 44th St. (bet. 5th & 6th Aves.)