The City Bar's Event Calendar has been upgraded and redesigned. This calendar is no longer in operation.
To visit the new Event Calendar, please click here.
|Rights and Responsibilities of Domestic Workers and Their Employers|
Friday, April 29, 2011 9 AM -11 AM
The program will discuss the following:
- Fair Labor Standards Act and the National Labor Relations Act: why was there an exception for two large segments of the work population in the United States?
- The history behind the domestic workers bill of rights
- Opposition to the new law and why
- Details of the new law – impacted population
- What employers and employees should be aware of, rights and responsibilities
- Update since passage of the domestic workers bill of rights
- New York Wage Theft Prevention Act
DIANE J. SAVINO, New York State Senator, (D, IP, WF) 23rd Senate District; DENNIS A. LALLI
Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC; RICHARD D. WINSTEN, Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein P.C.; Counsel for Domestic Workers United
Committee on Labor and Employment Law, Katharine Parker, Chair
For more information and to register, please contact Tracy Jusay at email@example.com or 212.484.3283.